Volunteers are vital to Ford Park. From planning and running events, plant care to gardening, food growing and ground maintenance – even regular bin emptying (someone has to do it!) – volunteers help ensure Ford Park is a place everyone can enjoy and we simply couldn’t do it without them.
We would love to hear from people wanting to join our fantastic volunteering team – maybe if you’re looking to gain confidence, learn skills, get outdoors or meet new people. There are a whole variety of tasks our volunteers get involved with!
Our current volunteer roles include…
• Garden/park general assistance – some experience helpful but not essential. Tuesdays 9.30-1 and at other times by arrangement.
• Experienced gardeners – flowers/vegetables/rose gardens/wild flowers/other – various days and times.
• Plant Nursery Assistants – Fridays/Saturdays am/pm
• Maintenance volunteer for various odd jobs – building repairs/similar
• Cleaning/general tidying
• Tool maintenance
• Customer Service/Plant Nursery Volunteers
• Event Volunteers
• Garden Waterers – some weekdays/weekends 2 hours approx.
• Bin emptying and litter picking – various days and times.
If you are interested in one of the roles above, or would like to know more about volunteering at Ford Park, please contact our Volunteer Team Leader, Cath Elliott, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01229 588164.
We look forward to hearing from you!